Saturday 12 May 2012

Circles Scarf


I kind of figured that if I started making a scarf, the weather would turn. And that's exactly what's happened. It's still not that warm - only 13 degrees C - but we have had the most incredible sunshine today. I've been out in the garden making the most of it and doing a couple of hours of weeding.

Anyway, back to the crochet. This was the mini project I mentioned in my previous post. I started it on Wednesday and finished it on Thursday, it was that quick and very easy to do.


I got the pattern from an old crochet magazine that my Mum gave me but I have just had a look at Ravelry and it is on there, for a price.


Once I had completed the first row of circles I cast off and started a new row of half circles. These were then joined to the first row as I completed each circle, if that makes sense.


And here's a photo of the finished article again. This was made using a linen blend yarn which I got at a greatly reduced price from Kemps Wool. It's a wonderful colour, a really rich mustard. The yarn split quite a lot which is probably why it was so greatly reduced, but it felt so so soft once made up.


I really enjoyed making this scarf as it was so quick and simple and a lovely break from making big blankets. I think I might have enough yarn to make another one, which is just as well as this scarf is a gift for a lovely friend who gave me some physio treatment for my shoulder. My shoulder was quite painful a few weeks ago and had restricted movement, but the physio exercises my friend gave me have really helped and my shoulder is almost back to normal. I really hope she likes the scarf.

I also have some chunky wool which I think would work quite well with this pattern - I may try using an oversized crochet hook to see what kind of effect that will give. I have also started another blanket (how many blankets does one household need?!) which I will tell you about shortly. I have not touched it today so I am getting withdrawal symptoms from it - must have a little crochet before I start cooking dinner.

 Have a wonderful weekend whatever you are up to. x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely sunny scarf!!!
    xxx Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a beautiful design. I love the yellow, it's so cheerful. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's turned out gorgeous! Such a wonderful colour too! So much nicer than the pic in the crochet magazine!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello! What a gorgeous scarf - I love the colour! It works really well just being two circles wide - your granny square throw is really cute too :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooo I like the pattern of this scarf. And the colour is just beautiful too- I have just bought a new bag in that vey colour!
    Have a great week.
    Xx

    ReplyDelete