Saturday 22 October 2011

Clutter busting


I spent most of yesterday sorting out piles of clutter that have collected in various places throughout the lounge over the past few months. It took a while but it was worth it in the end, the lounge now looks a whole lot tidier and is a much more relaxing place to be. Whilst squirreling away bits and pieces, I recognised certain areas that tended to accumulate lots of stuff fairly quickly. I had in mind a little ceramic pot to corral crochet hooks/pens and scissors but found this little danish stainless steel dish instead. Perfect for the task and looks great too. And at £1.50 from the new charity shop in town, very affordable.  Absolutely exhausted now though so thoroughly enjoying that glass of wine. Hope you have a fab weekend. We are looking forward to the half term break. Not much planned - best way to be! xx

5 comments:

  1. I have found it wiser not to start decluttering otherwise I have to find a new home for all the decluttered stuff. I have a have a half drunk bottle of decidedly flat fizzy wine to drink tonight, either to celebrate the AB's win or drown my sorrows if we lose,thank God tomorrow is a national holiday and we wont have to crawl to work either way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, you remind me how I need to do some serious decluttering!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am doing the same this weekend! My house is justy overrun with yarn and unfinished projects all in various bags....oh and lego! Love the dish xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so in need of serious tidying up, unfortunately it's going to have to wait since I'm on crutches... I do love that dish- what a find!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piles!!!!!!! They're not welcome anywhere! and yet they creep in

    ReplyDelete