Friday 30 July 2010

Work In Progress

Well, our trip to the wool shop was very enjoyable. We had a mooch around a few interiors/gift shops first and then went on to the main attraction. There were so many different types of wool to choose from (mostly way out of my price range unfortunately) but I managed to narrow the search down to some gorgeously soft and chunky aran wool (100% merino - so so soft). I restricted myself to two balls and decided I would make a cushion cover. I have chosen these colours as, when we eventually get round to decorating our lounge, we are going for a pale grey and smoky teal green colour scheme.




Of course, as soon as I got home I made a start and this is how far I have got - it is very quick to work as I have been using a 5mm crochet hook. It really is wonderful yarn to work with. I could be tempted to buy some more...





Please ignore the nasty 1980s work surface. Another job that needs doing - I am looking forward to the kitchen being ripped out!

After their busy week at the holiday club, my two girls are absolutely pooped. We have a day of lolloping on the sofa planned for tomorrow and then hopefully we will venture out on Sunday for a day trip, depending on the weather. Hope you all have wonderful weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment